African Industries Group Recent Employment Vacancy
African Industries Group is a diversified West African Conglomerate that employs over 4,000 people from over 10 countries. The Group has operations in eight locations in Nigeria, distributes products in several West African countries and is increasing investment in neighboring countries. Its origins lie in trading soft and hard commodities imported from Europe and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Human Resources Manager
Location: Ogijo, Ikorodu, Lagos State
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Ensure leave schedule is properly tracked and prompt payment of leave allowance to staff.
- Develop and update job descriptions, key result areas, and key performance indicators for each position.
- Administer payroll functions for all employees, taking all deductions like loans, salary advances, and punitive deduction s into account.
- Follow -up on PFAs payment schedules and any other complaint.
- Develop training calendars, induction programs, monitor and facilitates training programs.
- Ensure registration of employees on UNIS application software.
- Monitored attendance and absences for all locations through the VIRDI application.
- Work with employees to improve work relationships, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conduct HR Audit
- Assist in bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Assist in developing and monitoring overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Assist in overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Report to Human Resources Manager and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Proven working experience of at least 5 years’ experience
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Good knowledge of UNIS and Virdi Software
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.