Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recent Job Opening
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4165948516
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
- NRC is looking for an ICT Technical Assistant for our field office in Maiduguri, Borno State in North-East Nigeria.
- The Purpose of the position is to support all ICT operations in the country, for implementing ICT standards and policies, as well as NRC’s global digital transformation strategy.
- They ensure quality support is given to colleagues and advise on the technological solutions to best address the needs of the organization, with support from the team
- The ICT Technical Assistant reports to the ICT Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals, and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operate and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
- Implement NRC filing system (electronic files) at country level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience from working as an ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
We Can Offer
- Commencement: January 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company an