Registrar at Federal Polytechnic Ile-Oluji
The Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji is governed in accordance with the Federal Polytechnics Act (Cap F17) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended in the Federal Polytechnics Act (Amendment) 2019.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Ile-Oluji, Ondo
- The Position of the Registrar of the Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji will be vacant with effect from 12th March, 2020. Thus, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill this position.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
- The Registrar is the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board and other Statutory Committees of the Council
- The Registrar is the custodian of the Polytechnic seal and in charge of Polytechnic documents/records and issuance of certificates, interpreting and applying rules and regulations of the Polytechnic (among others)
- The Registrar provides quality leadership for the promotion of welfare and discipline of a thriving workforce comprising of academic and non-teaching staff
- The Registrar performs other related matters as may be assigned by the Council and Rector from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for the Position of Registrar must possess minimum of a good honours Degree (at least a Second Class Lower Division) preferably in Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities from a recognized Institution of higher learning plus at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience in tertiary Institution; OR a holder of Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in tertiary institution; OR a holder of Doctorate Degree plus at least Twelve (12) years cognate experience in tertiary institution.
- He/She must have been/be a Deputy Registrar in a Polytechnic or similar Institution for at least five (5) years and should not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty as Registrar
- He/She must be computer literate and possess membership of relevant and recognized Professional Bodies.
Qualities Expected From Applicants
Applicants are expected to:
- Demonstrate evidence of strong administrative and visionary leadership;
- Be morally sound and of impeccable character;
- Enjoy sound physical and mental health; and
- Be intellectually sound and demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
Terms of Appointment/Condition of Service
- The conditions of service are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the country
- The appointments are for a single term of five (5) years
- The salary is consolidated and the appointees shall enjoy benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to attach to their Applications, fifteen (15) type written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname underlined)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Current Postal Address (including telephone number and email)
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Publications (If any)
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience with dates)
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Evidence of Community Service (with dates)
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the Registrar. Such – referees should be able to attest to the applicant’s suitability for the position.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Position of Registrar” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council
P.M. B. 727, Ile-Oluji,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials, if invited for interview. Photocopies will not be accepted
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.