Apply at Medecins du Monde (MdM)
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Damboa, Borno
Under the supervision of Medical Supervisor, the Medical Doctor will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Provision of free of charge curative health consultations
- Admission, weekly medical follow-up and discharge of the malnourished children in OTP program
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Provision of free of charge curative health consultations:
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Follow the basic medical rules of hygiene when performing curative health consultations
- Participate actively in triage activities before to start curative health consultations. Perform curative consultations:
- Take a proper medical history including:
- Reason for consultation
- Duration of the illness or complaints
- Main symptoms
- Past medical history and treatment.
- Perform a correct physical examination:
- Inspection, auscultation, percussion, palpation
- Systematic checking of signs of severity
- Diagnose and treat the diseases according to protocols in use (i.e. clinical guidelines)
- Write the most important complaints, signs, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment on the patient’s registration form.
- Explain the treatment to the patient
- Give individual health education related to the patient’s disease
- Manage emergency cases according to MdM protocols and regulation
- Fill in the registration form for each patient, according to the diagnosis of the morbidity surveillance form
- Check the immunization status for all EPI targeted children and referred the unvaccinated children to the vaccinator
- Investigate any information regarding unusual health events or diseases outbreak, provided through any source
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
Admission, weekly medical follow-up and discharge of the malnourished children in OTP program:
- Ensure that all the 6-59 months children have been screened (MUAC, H/W and edemas)
- Admit new cases in OTP program according to the criteria’s of national nutrition protocol and give systematic treatment for SAM cases
- Ensure weekly follow up of SAM cases and adapt RUTF doses
- Discharge cases according to the criteria’s of national nutrition protocol
- Refer complicated SAM cases to identified Stabilization Center
- Fill in the specific OTP form
Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data:
- Perform the daily data collection regarding curative consultations
- Participate to the weekly computerization and analysis of the medical data
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to team leader
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Participate to weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
- Qualified and registered national Medical Doctor from a recognized university with a valid practicing license from Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- At least 2 years of progressive work experience with similar role as a Mobile clinic physician.
- Demonstrated understanding of the INGO systems and structure.
- Previous work with humanitarian organizations is added plus.