Project Engineer Wanted at Indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing Company
An indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing company that provides integrated services in the oil and gas industry is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager
- Coordinate multidiscipline engineering, procurement, construction/installation and commissioning activities to ensure the project is executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner in line with client requirements.
- Supervise medium to large scale engineering procurement and construction (EPC) projects.
- Coordinate the activities of multidiscipline engineering, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning personnel including contractors/subcontractors.
- Coordination and compilation of bid and procurement packages
- Ensure that projects are completed within budget and schedule
- Prepare detailed construction cost estimates and documentation for project funding authorization
- Monitor progress, financial control, and ensure project quality
- Ensure project team members have appropriate resources and recurrently maintain budgets and timeframe
- Develop, maintain and communicate multidiscipline project execution strategy and coordinate its implementation.
- Ensure every document generated by the project resources allocated is prepared, checked and approved in accordance with the company’s quality management systems and project quality plan.
- Participate in the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors, and other vendors
- Interact with governmental and regulatory agencies to ensure that projects comply with applicable legal rules and regulations
- Any other work or project activities as designated by the Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10– 12 years relevant work experience
- Planning, management and coordination of all project activities, from conception through to commissioning.
- Coordination of bid and procurement packages.
- Understanding of relevant codes, standards, regulations and practices applicable to the design and construction of oil & gas onshore and offshore structures/production facilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, including producing and maintaining resource loaded schedules using commercial packages such as Microsoft Project and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Cognate experience in both greenfield and brownfield oil & gas projects.
- Integrity and trust
- Result Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Change Management
- Business Development
- Effective Time management
- Problem solving
- Decision Making
- Proficiency in French Language (written and spoken)
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure technical integrity and quality of work.
- Ensure that Management of Change is effectively carried out.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensure that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Motivate and mentor project team members
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.
Note: If you don’t meet the criteria stated above you need not to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.