Work at Quality Assurance Manager at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: Expatriate contract
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for strategic leadership, technical guidance, and management of the Quality Assurance portfolio.
- The purpose of the position is to lead a team of four (4) to develop systems and tools for efficient grant management, M&E and reporting; and ensure a coordinated approach to risk-management in cooperation with the finance department.
- Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the DRC Nigeria Quality Assurance department, with a portfolio including: grants management, programme quality, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and information management;
- Line manage and provide technical support to the Reporting & Communications Specialist, MEAL Coordinator and the Grants Officer;
- In coordination with the DRC/DDG Head of Programmes, Technical Sector Coordinators and Area managers ensure high quality and evidence-based programme design and proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and learning processes are streamlined throughout the country mission;
- Support the Country Director and Heads of Programmes to identify fundraising opportunities and take responsibility for timely submission of all concept notes and proposals;
- Systematize DRC Nigeria M&E and ensure project specific M&E is establish, for the ease of reporting, and programme accountability;
- Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management; ensuring they remain applicable to current donor requirements;
- Ensure timely compliance with all internal and external grants management requirements, including contractual compliance and reporting;
- Proactively manage grant and contract performance, working with Programme and Support colleagues to identifying risks and minimize them;
- Liaise with relevant DRC West Africa Regional Office and HQ counterparts responsible for programme design, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinate and provide timely reporting and feedback to the Head of Programmes, Country Director and SMT on Quality Assurance unit activities.
You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Five years of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts with QA responsibilities, preferable to have at least two years of experience at senior management level;
- Advanced university degree (or bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar;
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Proven ability to lead a high performing and diverse team, manage performance, foster a positive working environment and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically;
- Extensive knowledge of US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants;
- Excellent understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management;
- Outcome focused and proven ability to think strategically and plan, prioritize and organize a department/team’s work to meet organization-wide strategic objectives;
- Excellent influencing, presentation and communication skills including verbal and written English, active listening and the ability to tailor communication to different audiences;
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Illustrated commitment to, and a good understanding of, the DRC’s values and mandate and the ability to bring these alive in your work
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high stress environment.
- English – fluent, with demonstrated capacity for high quality written and verbal command of the language
- Contract length: 12 months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff. This position is under Employment band M.F 1
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, Non family, Unaccompanied Position
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered.