Work at the Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Nursing Services
Ref. No.: sfh-25626
Location: Adamawa, Nigeria
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable)
- These position will be responsible for conducting clinical assessments to determine the clinical urgency of the clients’ presenting health concerns and culminate with the allocation of a care category, which determines the time and sequence in which they receive services.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Medical Records; managing client record, ensuring accurate data entry, filing/archiving and retrievals.
- S/He will provide comprehensive triage (in-clinic and mobile) and clinical assessment service to clients resulting in safe and appropriate clinical decisions that reflect their healthcare needs.
- S/He will initiate appropriate nursing interventions (e.g. first aid and emergency interventions) to improve client outcomes and secure the safety of clients and clinic staff, facilitate the triage process using clinical knowledge and appropriate interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Nursing or completion of an accredited nursing programme.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in nursing practises, including the practise of triage nursing.
- Experience in maintaining accurate computerised triage assessment records is an advantage.
- Must possess good organisational and interpersonal communication skills