Join KPMG Nigeria
KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a State Public Private Partnership office, with the directive to grant concessions to private investors interested in Public Private Partnerships to promote and accelerate the economic development of the State.
The office will liaise and cooperate with all government agencies and parastatals with respect to private investors ‘participation in the provision and development of public infrastructure or public assets to deliver on the Governments aspirations.
In line with this, our client requires an exceptional individual with a proven track record for the position below:
Job Title: Director General, Public Partnership OfficeLocation: Nigeria
- Reporting to the Board, the Director General will be the Chief Executive Officer of the Office and will be responsible for formulating strategies, policies and programs for the private sector investment development and public-private partnerships in the State.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with private sector organizations, cooperatives, partners, collaborators and financial institutions;
- Ensure the development, structuring and delivery of public-private partnership projects across all sectors in the State.
- Initiate dialogue with private entities, government agencies and development partners to identify and address challenges to scaling up public-private partnerships.
- Facilitate alliance with private sector organisations interested in public private partnerships in areas of design, construction, operation, management, rehabilitation and financing of public infrastructure or public assets in the State.
- Collaborate with private investors and development partners on co-financing projects in the State.
- Organize and facilitate discussions on investment-related policy issues involving representatives of the private and public sector, with a view to reach consensus on improved policies.
- Organize and drive engagement on private sector development and partnerships in the State.
- As the ideal candidate you will need to be a visionary leader with an In-depth understanding of various PPP models and financing options, knowledge of financial modelling, an understanding of project evaluation and appraisal techniques and knowledge of contracting procedures. In addition, you will need to understand the workings and leading practices in public private partnerships.
- To be successful in this role, you must have excellent relationship building and networking skills, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills to engage and manage multiple stakeholders in the public and private sectors at highest levels.
- You need to have a strong ability to lead teams and drive the Public Private Partnership office towards achieving its vision, you should be a confident leader with the ability to leverage strengths and further the capabilities of self and others. You will need to be a resilient and focused go-getter with the exposure to best practices.
- You must have the ability to deliver on set targets and achieve demonstrative results in line with the office’s strategic aspirations.
Key Qualifications / Requirements
- First degree from a reputable institution in Finance, Economics, Business/Public Administration, Engineering or Law.
- Minimum of 15 years work experience of which at least 8 years should be at highest level of management.
- Experience in private sector development with a strong focus on development of partnerships with leading private sector companies and associations.
- Experience in policy development, deal origination and execution.
- Experience leading and managing a sizeable team is also a must.
- Strategic/Big picture thinking and approach is crucial for the role.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.