Henkel Recruits Engineering Manager
Henkel holds leading positions in many markets and categories around the world. Founded in 1876, Henkel looks back on more than 140 years of success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Job Id: 190008Y5
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract & Job type: N/A, Regular
Henkel is for those who step up do you?
- At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box – take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Engineering Manager optimizes the equipment performance in the plant according to the OEE glidepath.
- This position will drive implementation of results and global best practices across the plant as it relates to asset maintenance, CAPEX, safety and quality, OEE, people capability and costs.
- Responsible for all activities of engineering and projects department.
- Manage and co-ordinate all routine activities of maintenance sections.
- Organization the job in the most effective way.
- Responsible for development, improvement and the department cost saving measures.
- Responsible for investment and projects.
- Provides technical support/strategic direction for site safety and environmental initiatives to reach established goals.
- Fixed Asset Control.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness with maintenance team members to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provides technical direction and support for all capital projects for the facility.
- Responsible for all facility maintenance
- Tracks, manages, and improves on energy usage.
- Identify and execute training plans for engineering team members.
- Perform structured Muda walks with line leaders.
- Owns and executes the daily engineering review meeting and escalates information to the Plant Daily Operational Review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (preferred).
- Experience in Predictive Maintenance.
- Mandatory knowledge of Factory operations and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in CAPEX & OPEX project management.
- 7- 10 total years of experience.
- Understanding of consumer product industry (Laundry will be an advantage).
- Good understanding of production processes as well as SHEQ standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge in MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Result-oriented mindset.
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- Efficiency and organization.
- Teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels.
- Strong financial and analytical skills to drive complex analyses.
- Business skills, as you will be responsible for managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
- Capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.