Human Resources Coordinator Recruitment at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Yola-Adamawa with frequent travels
Contract type: Expatriate
Start Date: 1st February 2020
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that DRC Human Resources Management strategy and functions are carried out effectively across the country through optimized service delivery.
- The most senior HR role in country, it advises management team on strategic and operational HR stakes key to the achievement of the country programmatic objectives.
- People planning: Ensure that the country have included human capital planning as part of annual planning and budgeting. Support managers to design and manage staff forecasts and succession plannings
- Capacity development : Build the capacities of HR staff in country to effectively perform their duties and partner with managers
- Recruitment : Support management and Regional/ HQ HR with recruitment for selected business-critical positions while using proper
- Onboarding : Ensure adequate induction and onboarding is provided for new staff at country level based on relevant DRC policies and guidelines as well as other regional specific requirements
- Well-Being: Ensure that all staff have access to an Employee Support Service when and where needed. Keep a watch and lead the change for all well-being aspects (R&R, working & living arrangements, etc)
- Performance and development: Support managers to implement probation period management feedback and annual appraisals. Build the capacities of the managers in management/ coaching. Support managers to deal with issues in their teams.
- Administrative support : Ensure that HR in country can provide essential administrative support functions efficiently and compliant with the local law and DRC rules and regulations : work contracts, payroll, etc
- Respect of the Code of Conduct and Internal Rulings: Ensure that the working environment provides the opportunity for staff to report misconduct.
- Treat any report of misconduct with the utmost care and responsibility. Ensure all misconducts are properly investigated. Support decision-making and communication when and where needed
- You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field (HR, Business Administration, etc.)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ working experience in Human Resources within an international humanitarian or development organization
- Demonstrable strategic HR experience (global workforce planning, development of HR processes);
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity;
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Previous work experience with DRC
- Have knowledge of ERP applications
- Contract length: 12 months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff. This position is under Employment band N.MG level 1
- Duty Station: Yola, Non-family, Unaccompanied Position
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates;Please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.no/jobsupport.