School Kits Limited Recruitment for Finance Manager
School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria. Our competence and credibility can be attested by many satisfied School clients from start-ups schools to well-established institutions as listed in our portfolio.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- We are looking for a Finance Manager to supervise all fiscal functions of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.
- Responsibilities include building financial models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
- Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Budget control
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and advise on investments
- Supervise Accounting Teams
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with financial regulations
- Consult senior management and board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reduction strategies.
- Provide strategic financial analysis and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e. growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Undertake financial analysis periodically, to assist the Senior Management Team in evaluating profitability of business units and potential for cost efficiencies
- Would be required to enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce Finance policies and procedures of Company by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Prepare and send accurate, complete and timely financial and management reports, which will include weekly/monthly/quarterly management accounts and balance sheet control
- Oversee, monthly reconciliation of all Company Bank accounts
- Treasury & Working Capital Management – manage authorization of weekly electronic and manual payments and management of foreign exchange requirements.
- Liaison with bankers or other financial institutions on loan facilities and other correspondence.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection and facilitate cash management policies that balance receivables collection with payables and include a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- You will prepare the cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet to be presented and a monthly performance review session.
- To ensure that the company is in compliance with all statutory requirements including:
- Payment and filing of VAT returns,
- PAYE and Pension remittance
- Withholding deduction and remittance
- Corporate Income Tax- Liaising with auditors on the payments
- Drafting and management of annual budget
- Budget control- Monitor expenditure to ensure adherence to the company’s fiscal year budget
- Continuously improve on the budgeting process through engagement of other departmental heads on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Analyze budget variances and consolidate the financial statement monthly for further analysis
- Prompt flagging of expenses exceeding budget limits and advising senior management appropriately
- Interface with Sales Unit
- Ensure that sales invoices are raised on all sales orders generated by the sales executives after confirmation of lodgement into bank or authorisation of credit sales by the approving authority.
- Ensure that receipts are raised on confirmation of lodgement into bank accounts
- Ensure timely submission of all external reports such as Audit/Tax Reports etc.
- Supervise monthly payroll operation, PAYE and management of employer stakeholder pension plan.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- BSc/BA/MSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant field and any other professional accounting qualification.
- Years of Relevant Experience: Minimum of 5 years
- Possession of CFA is an added advantage
- Any other relevant accounting qualification.
- Candidate must be able to build financial models
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Creative thinking and ability to proffer solutions to address financing challenges
- Strong systems, process and best practice experience
- Leadership skills with High level of integrity
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.