Work at Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a major Engineering & Construction Company in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Infrastructure (Road) – Expatriate
- The Project Manager Infrastructure is technically responsible for coordinating infrastructural projects (road construction and services), its correctness and on-time delivery.
- He evaluates and helps determine appropriate construction delivery systems and the most cost-effective plan and schedule for completing the project. He may direct the work of several subordinates, such as assistant managers or superintendents, MEP coordinator, senior quantity surveyors, planners and site staff. The construction managers responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring suitability and availability of drawings and other data to ensure the contractor has the right information for the work in hand.
- Monitoring staffing levels and suitability of abilities for outstanding work items.
- Monitoring quality of product / information / coordination provided by the consultant.
- Monitoring the quality and timeliness of inspections carried out
- Monitoring contractors for compliance with their contractual responsibilities.
- Monitoring progress of the works for compliance with schedule.
- Ensuring that materials for the works are submitted for approval in time, delivered on time and suitably stored on site prior to incorporation in the works.
- Ensuring that each contractor complies with the current coordinated method statement for coordinating with other contractors.
- Ensuring issues related to projects are properly entered into the issue logs and are then addressed and resolved in an appropriate fashion.
- Reviewing the cost tracking data to ensure that approved contingencies and allowances are not exceeded.
- Recommending approvals / disapproval of variation orders within the established authority limits.
- Establishing and maintaining the procedures for meetings, meeting documentation, follow up and tracking of issues and participate actively in resolving outstanding issues.
- Receiving all project-related correspondence and communication and providing direction and action to his team including consultants and contractors.
- Identifying and minimising the risks for potential claims.
- Reviewing, analysing and preparing recommended actions for disputes and claims.
- Preparing documentation for all occurrences in the field on a daily basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Has to hold a Bachelor or higher degree in Structural or Civil Engineering or in a discipline related to it
- Holding a master degree will be an added advantage
- Must be authorised to work in Nigeria
- Needs to prove over 10 years experience in infrastructural (e.g. earth works, roads, sewer systems) or related design works and is preferably familiar with international industry standards
- Proves experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, Civil3D and other common software in infrastructural design
- Is a self starter with an aptitude to problem solving, can work independently and is a good leader
- Demonstrates excellent professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.