Trade Finance Adviser Needed at Ericsson Nigeria
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Finance Adviser
Req ID: 305786
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Support the Market Area in cooperation with the Senior Trade Finance Advisors within Group Function Finance with relevant Trade Finance tasks.
- This means; structuring and follow up of Letters of Credits (“L/C”) and contract guarantees, involving banks and financial institutions. Improve the group cash flow by using methods related to Trade Finance.
- This is a team effort combining the support in contract negotiations, payment terms, and trade finance in general.
- Advice and support Market Area on the use of Letter of Credits, Contract Guarantees and other Trade finance related products as well as alternative risk cover if needed.
- Monitor credit risks, commercial as well as political
- In cooperation with Senior Trade Finance Advisors to negotiate terms and conditions in contracts related to Letters of Credit
- Create templates of Letters of Credit to reflect the terms and conditions in the related contract
- Follow up with banks and customers on outstanding Letters of Credit.
- In cooperation with Trade Finance Operations follow up expiry dates, unutilized amounts etc. on outstanding Letters of Credit
- Provide reports &, statistics on outstanding and pending Letters of Credits or alternatives
- Participate in the creation of a reference library for Letters of Credits, in regards of directives, templates and specific country reviews
- Train and educate relevant Ericsson staff within the Trade Finance area.
- Market Trade Finance services within Ericsson
- Analyse country reports, risks and follow up on the political situation in Sub-Sahara/Africa
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Trade Finance especially Letters of Credit
- Academic education within finance, in particular in the field of Trade Finance.
- Skills to analyse the credit risk in a transaction
- Skills to plan, carry out and follow up business negotiations
- Skills to communicate and ability to present and educate
- High level of English, French are considered as an additional qualification.
- Sound knowledge of the telecommunication industry
- Sound knowledge of the political and economic situation in the different markets
- Sound experience of negotiations
- IT knowledge in general
- Skilled in excel
- Accurate and stress tolerant
- Very good team player
- Communicate clearly
- High integrity and knowledgeable
- Well developed social skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online