Finance Officer at Education as a Vaccine (EVA)
Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is a youth-led, youth-focused non-profit organization created to work in partnership with children, adolescents and young people in particular adolescent girls and young women to advance their rights to health and freedom from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities, providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Organization Unit: Finance / Administration
Reports to: Team Leader – Finance and Admin
- Do you possess exceptional accounting skills?
- Do you have an eye for detail and can handle pressure?
- Have you been looking for an opportunity to apply your accounting skills for social good and community development?
- The FAO will work directly with the Team Leader, Finance and Administration; Finance and Administration Coordinator & Human Resources Coordinator; Team Leader, Advocacy & Policy Influencing, Team Leader, Individual & community capacity strengthening, Team Leader, Strategy, development & learning in the delivery of key tasks. The FAO will be work with Finance and Administration Assistants.
- Support the creation of organizational forecast.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Support developing monthly and yearly financial reports for submission to the Executive Director.
- Support the auditing of organizational account by an appointed external auditor on an annual basis.
- Support quarterly organizational internal audits for State Finance and Administration Operations.
- Develop and process organizational payroll
- Support development of organization and donor’s budget.
- Provide technical support and supervision to the finance assistants
- Support/ refine accounting financial management tools in line with organization priorities annually.
- Support in preparing organization budget.
- Act on behalf of the team leader, finance and admin where and when necessary.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or with at least one (1) – two (2) years working experience or Post-Graduate Diploma in Accounting with at least one (1) year working experience.
- Professional accountancy qualification or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or Economics.
- Understanding of NGO principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software systems
Full time with a minimum of 45 hours per week.