Employment Opportunity at the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN)
The Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN) is a public entity placed under the Federal Ministry of Agricultural and Rural Development. It is responsible for the coordination of agricultural research activities in Nigeria.
We hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in the National Veterinary Research Institute (NVRI), Vom:
Job Title: Director / CEO
Location: Vom, Plateau
About the Institute
- The Institute has national mandate for research into all aspects of animal diseases, their treatment and control including development and production of animal vaccines and sera.
- The Director / Chief Executive Officer is the Research and Administrative Head of the Institute as well as responsible for the academic and administrative management of the Institution.
- Candidates must be holders of Ph.D in relevant discipline, have extensive research and teaching experience as evidenced by scientific publications in Research Institutes or Colleges
- In addition, candidates must have ability to provide academic / administrative leadership as well as have clear and articulated vision for the development of the Institute / College.
- Furthermore, he / she must not be more than 60 years of age at the possible time of commencement of tenure
- A minimum of Assistant Director / Principal Lecturer and Associate Professor at NARIs / FCAs would be required, please.
Terms of Appointment
- A single term of five (5) years only.
- Political Office Holders Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit Twelve (12) type-written copies and one (1) electronic copy on CD of their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of their credentials. Functional phone numbers and email address should be indicated on the CV. Three Referees should be requested to send their reports to the address below.
All applications and Referees’ reports should be marked “Confidential Application” at the top left corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
The Executive Secretary,
Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN),
Agricultural Research House,
Plot 223D Cadastral Zone B6, Mabushi,
P.M.B. 5026, Wuse,
- Candidates must apply for only one Institute / College as multiple applications (i.e. application for more than one Institute / College) is not allowed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.