Join 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Legal Services
- Serves as a key point of legal advice on EMTS’ litigation issues to ensure protection of EMTS’ interest.
- Advice EMTS on local and international legal matters including civil, criminal, contractual, telecom regulatory and labour laws that may affect EMTS activities or employees.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation/regulations and give adequate legal advice in order to reduce EMTS risk liability.
- Advice EMTS on legal matters relating to property and site acquisitions.
- Oversee the preparation of all leases, licenses and site related documents.
- Demonstrate ownership of the all matters and advice EMTS on any legal peculiarities.
- Evaluate the impact of new laws regulations and legislations that may affect EMTS or its’ employees and activities and make recommendations to the Head, Legal Operations & Litigation.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the department’s activities.
- Continuously assist in reviewing the departments/teams activities and make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in litigation matters involving EMTS.
- Monitor Litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against EMTS and manage EMTS’ legal exposure in matters. Where external counsel is required, assist the Head, Legal Operations and Litigation in acting as a liaison for external counsel’s contact
- Oversee searches and due diligence on title verification, CAC searches, corporate searches/enquiries etc.
- Give qualitative legal advice on title verification/due diligence and ensure proper documentation for property and site related acquisitions.
- Ensure proper documentation and compliance with lease terms in approving renewals.
- Draft Deeds, Lease Agreements, Addendums and other property and site related documents as may be required.
- Ensure maintenance of database and adequate filing of all EMTS litigation matter, disputes and properties and other related legal documentation.
- Ensure safe custody of all litigation and property related files and documents.
- Assist in implementing the units work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the department/team to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Prepare /compile agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Legal Operations, Litigation, Commercial & Corporate (Contracts & Advisory)
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Senior Manager/Head of litigation.
- First degree in Law.
- MBA or relevant post graduate/ professional qualification.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Eight (8 ) – Ten (10) years’ relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in a Supervisory role.