Apply at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job Ref Code: FNR241219
Reports To: OVC Project Lead
- You will help support the 4GATES management of accounting/finance systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable
- As part of an experienced finance team you will work with the OVC Program Lead and the whole finance team on daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related subject
- Minimum of four years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands Strategic, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Qualification in accounting (ACA / ACCA / CPA).
- Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Professional proficiency in English oral and written communication skills; strong demonstrated writing skills required (reports, evaluations).
- Must be personable, tactful, culture sensitive, respectful, confidential and trustworthy.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm; 9th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the Position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application application (e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.