Project Administrative Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrative Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Coordinate all project technical reporting to donors;
- Liaise with scientist to ensure that project technical reports are promptly received by sending email reminders to them periodically;
- Submit technical reports to donors in a timely manner;
- Communicate technical reporting feedback from donors back to scientists and ensure they are incorporated into report as necessary;
- Develop a tracking system to track the submission of technical reports to donors;
- Ensure that all technical reports follow the correct format specified by the donor and follow up with donors on new templates as necessary;
- Maintain an updated donor technical reporting template repository;
- Facilitate, review and edit project technical reports;
- Follow up with scientists to address specific issues raised by donors.
- Upload submitted technical reports to donors and both technical/financial reports from partners on ProMIS and ensure that the database is up to date;
- Upload and update partners agreement;
- Support in data generation of project administration related information.
- Retrieve information from both paper files and database to resolve queries;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Business Administration, Project Management or related field with minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar roles with experience working in a research environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good grasp of project management processes;
- Be able to communicate excellently in English both oral and written;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Have excellent computer skills;
- Have good sense of judgment;
- Have ability to work under pressure and with minimal Supervision.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, a professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.