Project Manager at Hazon Holdings
Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- In this position, you will be responsible for developing and managing climate mitigation activities in Eko carbon Exchange with a strong focus on the existing and emerging and voluntary carbon scheme.
- You will lead several Eko carbon projects while complying with the relevant standards.
- In addition, you will also be responsible for the preparation of documents and gathering information, relevant for our projects’ success.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the implementation and management of climate mitigation activities in Nigeria with a strong focus on the existing and emerging carbon schemes and the voluntary market
- Leading of several Eko carbon projects through their validation, MRV and issuance of carbon credits under different standards (e.g. ISO standard)
- Preparing new carbon mitigation methodologies for innovative projects in the Waste, Energy and Industry sectors
- Leading, co-drafting and supporting proposal preparation and tender submissions for project development related opportunities in Nigeria
- Represent Eko Carbon Exchange towards external stakeholders during business development processes and maintain good relationships with project owners, clients, auditors and other counterparts
- Ensure timely follow-up of projects and manage associated budgets.
- University degree in Environmental Science, Agronomy, Engineering or any related field
- 1- 2 years work experience in project management and/or consulting
- Experience in the Forestry, agriculture and/or environmental sector is desirable
- Familiarity with climate change topic, GHG accounting project, carbon projects, carbon footprinting
- Affinity for climate-relevant technology and solutions
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent English skills, proficiency in German, French and/or Spanish is considered a plus
- Independent working style
- Decision making ability, as well as efficient work style.
- Work in a growing global profit for purpose company with a real commitment to sustainability and fighting climate change
- Excellent team spirit, work within a large and international team of sustainability passionate professionals
- The opportunity to work with professional experts all around the world.