Latest Job Vacancy at IBILE Microfinance Bank Limited
IBILE Microfinance Bank Limited is a fast-growing Microfinance Bank with designed fitting financial products to meet the diversified and dynamic economy of the micro sectors in Lagos state. The bank is managed by industry seasoned professionals with the objective to facilitate financial inclusion services, serve the Micro Small and Medium Scale industry (MSMSE) and empowered to grow and sustain the gross domestic product (GDP) of the fifth largest economy in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Maintain and periodically review the List of Law firms retained by the Bank indicating names, addresses, staffing etc.
- Provide legal support and documentation in respect of external funds received; review legal agreements and ensure adequate documentation for all sanctioned funds received.
- Review all third party agreements and provide legal opinion before execution.
- Maintain a Register of all Agreements entered into by the microfinance bank outlining nature, parties, dates, duration etc.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the bank has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
- Draft contracts, agreements and review internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Periodically make entries and update Legal encyclopedia on the extant laws and regulations which relates to the business of the Microfinance Bank.
- Maintain a register of the company’s existing policies.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation, ongoing suits/cases and advice management accordingly.
- Maintains legal encyclopedia of all extant laws relating to the business of the Company.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- Attend and observe client interviews and court proceedings as required and advice management accordingly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (minimum of Second Class Lower);
- Should possess a minimum of 2 year post-call experience (preferably litigation experience);
- Age limit Between 25 and 30 years of age.