Society for Family Health (SFH) Latest Employment Vacancy
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Programs (DOP) – Tuberculosis Programme
Ref. No: sfh-44396
Location: North East / South – West
Job Type: Permanent
- The DOP will have responsibility for the technical content of service delivery, coordinating with the state teams on TB preventative services; Improving case detection and notification including of drug-resistant tuberculosis, improving enrolment and appropriate treatment of all diagnosed TB patients using the latest National guidelines and optimising the use of data for case finding, monitoring and improving clinical outcomes for TB patient including for all DRTB patients.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on Public Health or a related field. A first degree in Medicine is preferred;
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health and tuberculosis. This should be inclusive of a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in technically designing and managing programs related to tuberculosis and HIV.
- Experience should include a minimum of 3 years of experience in the management of a USG-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring, and reporting;
- Strong technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in the following areas: community TB case finding, TB laboratory and clinical monitoring systems, and health system strengthening including working closely with government.
- Demonstrated understanding, experience, and competency in working with the private sector and with community structures and leaders
- In-depth knowledge of PEPFAR projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements and expert ability to identify and adopt best practices to specific project contexts.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, decision making and communication, skills.
- Mature health programming professional with good experience in community health programmes and demonstrated knowledge and capacity to foster the development of a common vision.
- Should display strong leadership in integrating planning efforts with government and across work units.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in technical staff. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.