Recent Recruitment at A4&T Power Solutions
A4 & T Power Solutions is a B2B power solution company that provides alternative power to businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head, Technical Unit
Job Location: Lagos
- A4&T Power Solution is seeking a diligent experienced engineer to lead and manage our Talents of Engineers
- The Head of Technical will be in charge of technical designs (both mechanical and electrical) at the various stages (from concept design to detailed engineering designs and drawings), bill of quantities, compliance with standards and codes, project implementation logistics and budgets, and overall organization and quality of the technical department.
- The focus will be especially on micro-grids with renewable energy generation for rural electrification and hybrid renewable-energy/ diesel projects due to the increase in the demand for micro-grids in Nigeria. The focus will also include grid-connected RE projects.
- Timely quality production, review and control of technical designs, technical specifications and budgets
- Cost optimization of detailed engineering solutions designs and bill of materials
- Supervision and management of technical department and field engineers, including remote management and supervision of local engineers and identification of gaps within the technical department
- Travel to project sites for project supervision and commissioning (up to 30% of time)
- Keep up with last technology developments, in particular with system control and storage
- Identifying new market technical challenges and potential technology advancements to integrate in new projects and solutions across the different departments
- Supervision of the Technical monitoring of key performance indicators of plants in operation
- Ability to remotely, or through field engineers, closely work and supervise local subcontractors in Africa, Latin America and Asia
- Help the Business Development department in identifying and preparing proposals, in particular preparing technical methodologies, bill of materials and budgets and technical drawings for proposals.
- Business development solar electricals concept design renewable energy technical specifications cost optimization rural electrification solar pv solar energy solar power
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical or Mechatronics
- Minimum 8 years of experience in solar PV.
- Previous experience of working in Mini-Grid projects, distributed solar PV and electrical batteries will be valued
- Experience with design of MV/LV distribution grids is desirable
- Passionate about renewable energies and rural electrification
- Knowledge of solar (or clean) energy in general, is an asset.
- Previous experience managing technical departments is highly desirable
- Knowledge of solar (or clean) energy in general, is an asset
- Be innovative and independent, requiring minimal supervision in accomplishing tasks, identifying new essential ones, and developing creative solutions to perceived insurmountable problems.
- Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, RE system design tools such as HelioScope/ PVSyst and HOMER with AutoCAD
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively, learn quickly and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges.