Director, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Nasarawa State University
Nasarawa State University, Keffi was established under the Nasarawa State Law No.2 of 2001. At present, the University runs a robust Postgraduate Programmes of international repute and Seventy Three (73) Undergraduate programmes across eight (8) Faculties, namely; Administration, Agriculture, Arts, Education, Natural & Applied Sciences, Law, Social Sciences and Environmental Science. The University is one of the vibrant and fastest growing citadels of learning in Nigeria and is situated at about 50 kilometers from the Federal Capital, Abuja.
We invite applications for the position below:
Job Title: Director, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- The Governing Council of Nasarawa State University, Keffi hereby announces that the position of Director, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) of the University is vacant and so invites interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications
Summary of Position
- The Director, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) shall be responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the development and implementation of the Universitys diverse information technology initiatives.
- The Director will develop and implement Information and Communication Technology (ICT) policies, lead the (ICr) planning process under the overall strategic direction for technology services.
- The Director should be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership and possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; must be able to command respect and loyalty of the staff of the University
- Candidate should also have a thorough understanding of the challenges and significance of ICT implementation for Universities in developing countries.
Candidates for this post shall:
- Possess good honours Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a recognized University / Tertiary institution Possession of Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Must be registered member of relevant professional and regulatory bodies.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience in a University or comparable institution.
- The applicant must have spent at least five (5) years as Deputy Director in a tertiary institution or similar organization.
Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five years. Fringe benefits are as applicable to similar positions in Nasarawa State University Keffi, and as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15. Other benefits to the holder of the office are as stipulated in the University’s Conditions of Service.
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- E-mail and telephone numbers
- Postal address
- Permanent Home address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked “Director, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)” to:
Nasarawa State University, Keffi,
P.M.B. 1022, Keffi,