Join PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty. The organization’s mission is to build a movement of 100M action-taking citizens to help achieve their vision of ending extreme poverty by 2030. Over the next ten years, the organization’s ambition is to grow their movement and expand their presence in key emerging markets on the continent – with Nigeria as a priority.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Country Director
Reference Number: 130-PEO01122
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and develop all fundraising strategies within Nigeria to cultivate the required in-market investment and maximize donor outreach.
- Sustain the movement in Nigeria through Business Development & Partnerships: Pursue, secure and retain key financial partnerships in the market, (in coordination with local and global staff), including:
- Outreach to high-value prospects
- Writing and delivering proposals / presentations
- Relationship management
- Proactive problem solving
- Effective communication and coordination with the Africa Director and international colleagues to ensure alignment with the global business development and partnership strategy.
- Recruit and support a new team to support the development of local strategy and delivery of key activities. Ensure the operational needs of the team are met and that management, HR and financial systems are in place.
- In partnership with colleagues from across the organization’s family, design and deliver a strategy that identifies key policy wins that we would like to see, that grows the movement of citizens in Nigeria, and that ensures the long term sustainability of movement.
- Establish and strengthen key strategic relationships with national stakeholders at the government level, and other key foundation partners, including funders, media, NGOs, multilateral organizations, and the private sector to boost political will and help bring in new resources (financial and in kind) to the organisation.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization in the Nigerian market, including at the highest level of government, in the media, and with partners.
- Support the coordination of event and festival planning in Lagos, in close partnership with the organization’s core operational teams.
- Provide insight into local advocacy strategy and support advocacy team to mobilize USD $5 billion in new commitments for Nigeria’s most marginalized people in 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in as an advocate or campaigner on NGO related issues related (for example, education, health, WASH, nutrition etc.) in an NGO, donor or similar organization.
- At least 5 years experience in a managerial and / or strategic leadership role
- At least 5 years experience in business development, new ventures, and (social) entrepreneurship
- Experience in civil society, non-profit or social responsibility sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of community development, popular culture, and online campaigning
- Ability to develop and manage key external relationships
- Exceptional people management skills and experience
- Media experience, including conducting press briefings and interviews
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Commitment to see an end to extreme poverty by 2030
- Legal authority to work in Nigeria and ability to travel as needed across Africa, USA, and Europe.
- Reports to Africa Director
- Will have line management responsibilities and will also be responsible for supporting team members who are managed by team members based outside of Nigeria (South Africa/Europe/US)
- Must be authorized for employment in Nigeria
- Based in Lagos