Logistics Manager at Graceco Limited
Graceco Limited – We are a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. We are a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
In our company you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
- Implement general maintenance and timely preventive maintenance & service schedule for all automobile in the company’s fleet
- Ensure all company’s vehicles have local and national valid papers; insurance, road worthiness.
- Provide comprehensive report on tracker installed in company vehicle; mileage covered, fuel usage, etc. monthly
- Use the data from the tracker to recommend efficient fleet management ideas to management
- Escalate to management any unusual activities observed through the tracker
- Plan and coordinate the daily distribution of Customers / Outlets after Authority to Load (ATL) has been given
- Plan and coordinate transfer of stock to Graceco Depot
- Use the Delivery trip feature on ERPNext for Customer Distribution
- Interfacing with external clients such as 3PL partners, MDS Logistics, etc. for distribution of stocks to approved customers and for replenishment of stock in their warehouse
- Daily management of customers distribution related issues and prevention of recurrence
- Schedule pickup of supplies or personnel as dictated in the service request through Helpdesk
- Ensure timely pick up of raw material needed from designated vendor’s office / factory
- Ensure departmental budget is not exceeded
- Prepare monthly report analysis on fuel usage, transportation cost, mileage, etc. for management’s review
- Manage crisis professional; accident cases, vehicle papers cases, law enforcement agents such as LASMA, FRSC, VIO, POLICE, Local Government, etc.
- Coach logistic personnel on processes and deliverables as applicable to the department and overall company objective
- Ensure drivers adhere to safety procedure and standard on offloading, speed, driving, parking, etc.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all issues on refueling, logistic related expense claim, breakdown of vehicle, impromptu delivery
- Ensure drivers are at the Drivers Station and not on the streets.
- Other tasks as assigned by Management from time to time.
Education and other Qualifications
- Minimum of a B.Sc / HND in Management, Supply Chain Management and / or related field
- Possess about 3-5 years experience as a logistics manager in the FMCG sector
- Applicants must be able to drive and have a valid drivers’ license.
- Applicant must be computer literate especially in use of MS suite.
- Applicant who resides within Ikeja, Agege, Ipaja, Otta, Alagbado and environs will have added advantage.
- Applicant must have relevant certification and training in distribution management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great Communication and Influencing Skills
- Strong Analytical Thinking
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills.
- Great Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Ability to speak the local dialect of the area of application is an added advantage.
- Ability to act decisively to resolve problems
- Applicant must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Leave allowance
- Health insurance
- Professional Development.