Job Opening at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Assistant
Location: Bama, Borno
Contract type: National contract
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan (under the supervision of the Protection Team Leader) and the international standards.
- Coordinate the Project Management Committee activities in relevance to nutrition, food distribution and Cash-Based Transfer activities.
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management).
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc).
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations.
- Track, document and follow up on Complains and feedback during food distribution.
- Work closely with the Food Security Team to ensure Gender and Protection is mainstreamed in all activities.
- Assist in mobilizing the IDP and Host community to facilitate DRC Programs awareness activities with other partner organizations.
- Disseminate information about services available to IDPs and affected host communities during all DRC Food Security activities.
- Coordinate with M&E during PDMs and House-hold surveys in our intervention area.
- Supervise the activities of the Community Nutrition Mobilisers and SBCC facilitators.
- Any other tasks required by the Protection Team Leader or Protection Manager, according to programmatic needs.
- 2 years of work experience in a humanitarian organization.
- 1 year of hands-on experience in the protection sector.
- Previous experience with DRC Protection programming is an advantage.
- Experience with remote management will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing), proven capacity to maintain communication with remote locations.
- High reporting skills (excellent writing skills).
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently, attention to detail, and highly proactive
- BA. /B.Sc. in the relevant field (Sociology, Social work, Psychology, Education, Counselling, Human rights, Development studies etc).
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and/or other local languages appropriate to the target population.
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for tax returns.
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.