Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Recent Employment Opportunity
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport and Customs Supervisor
Report To: Supply Manager
Report To (Functional): Supply Manager
Working Hours 48 Per Week
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Planning and supervising the day to day implementation of procedures and administrative processes for the efficient clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Planning and supervising the day to day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project), ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures.
These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as a forwarding agent for the mission by ensuring all the importation process in liaison with clearing agents through follow-ups of all importation process in order to release the goods as fast as possible; following up on the MOU and liaising with Ministry of Finances and others for taxes exemption. Being the focal person of the Ministry of Health for the import license by providing all the details on the content of the importations
- Conducting local context watch and proposing best routing for local transport taking in consideration nature of goods and timing and participates in the network for cargo transportation possibilities with the others sections. Organizing regular market consultations and tenders on transport local market (Road , Air …)
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing the shipment of goods purchased locally and managing all related administration documents
- Communicating with customers, prioritizing transport according to their needs.
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the daily workers, defining each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Customs and Clearing, International freight, Transportation, Receipt of goods, Sending of goods, Stock Management.
- Essential technical diploma in Supply Chain or Transport.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in the supply department.
- Essential working knowledge of English. Local languages an asset.
- Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2, Teamwork and Cooperation L2, Behavioural Flexibility L2,Commitment to MSF Principles L2, Stress Management L3.
- NGN 3,949,153 (Annual basic salary + 13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV, Motivation Letter, Copies of credentials and NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) by email to: email@example.com (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying).
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.