Graduate Engineering Trainee (Mechanical Engineering) at Veepee Industries Limited
Veepee Group, the pioneer manufacturer of flexible packaging materials and corrugated paper products in Nigeria established its manufacturing facilities at Sango Ota in Ogun State, Nigeria in 1975.
The first company, Veepee Industries Limited started its production with the polyethylene extrusion, printing, cutting and packaging industry to go through a revolution. This consumer revolution paved the way for Veepee to enter into a complete range of products and solutions in the Flexible Packaging industry including , Printing, Corrugated paper products, Printing cylinder engravings, Printing Inks & Resins etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Engineering Trainee (Mechanical Engineering)
Location: Sango- Ota, Ogun
Job Description Summary
- Attitude towards work and management should be positive.
- Perform simple maintenance duties and responsibilities.
- He should have primary knowledge of MECHANICAL TOOLS, mechanical drawings, rollers, bearings , chains, sprockets, etc.
- Diagnose problems, inform HOD before replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments as per instruction given by HOD.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities as per instruction given by HOD
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Perform daily routine checks on machines like compressors, generators, Corrugation, printing, stitching & other machines under HOD supervision.
- Able to write shift report and report to HOD on daily basis.
After this Graduate Engineering trainee Scheme
You will be expected to:
- Effectively control affairs of the day to day-handling of machines without supervision.
- Plan the day to day maintenance of the machinery.
- Assess project requirements.
- Measure the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines.
- Maintain and modify equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Test, evaluate, modify and re-test products.
- Write reports and documentation
- Provide technical advice
- Analyze and interprets data.
- Evaluate mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials
- Only Graduates with the following degrees need apply: First class, Second Class Upper, Distinction and Upper Credit.
- Only B.Sc. and HND Holders of Mechanical Engineering.
- Not more than 28 years of age as at December 2020
- Willingness to work in Shift arrangement.
- Years of experience: 0-2 Years
Job Requirements / Specification / Skills:
- The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes and skills;
- Presenting technical information
- Equipment maintenance.
- Quality focus.
- Control engineering.
- Production planning.
- Technical zeal.
- Qualitative Skill.
- Analytical skill
- Adaptability skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Number skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Person of Integrity.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a fast learner.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS word and Power point.
- Knowledge Safety legislation relating to Process and packaging equipment.
Benefits of the Scheme
- People chosen to participate in this Graduate Engineering Trainee scheme will receive the company’s specific training and on the job experience they need to assume the position of a Mechanical Engineering Supervisor under management working alongside other managers.
- As a graduate engineering trainee, you will learn supervisory & Technical skills that are in alignment with the company’s mission and goals.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Graduate Engineering Trainee (Mechanical Engineering)” as the subject of the mail.
- Double applications will be disqualified from exercise.
- Only candidates within close proximity are advised to apply or must be willing to relocate.