Job Opening for Chief Security Officer at Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited
Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited is a full-service Management consulting, Recruitment and Business Training Firm that enables business greatness and effectiveness through customer-centric innovative solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- Device policies and procedures regarding areas such as protection and safety of lives and property; loss prevention and privacy.
- Oversee and coordinate security efforts across the Association including human resources, information, facilities management and other groups.
- Identify security initiatives and standards.
- Oversee network of vendors who secure the company’s assets.
- Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Manage the development and implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure security is maintained and updated.
- Create workplace violence awareness and prevention programs.
- Implement video surveillance and monitor it.
- Develop network access and monitoring policies.
- Maintain relationships with local, state, other relevant law enforcement agencies and other related government agencies.
- Develop emergency procedures and incident responses.
- Supervising the operational activities of the private security guards.
- Supervising the Civil Defence Personnel and policemen attached to the critical infrastructures in the Estate.
- Ensuring free flow of traffic in and out of the Estate.
- Liaising with the police and other relevant security and government agencies vis-à-vis security of the Estate.
- Enforcement of the House Rules.
- Identify Security Concerns.
- Acquisition of actionable intelligence and dissemination of same to the EXCO for the formulation of policies that will enhance the security of the Estate.
- Provision of adequate security during the Estate Meetings.
- Investigate security breaches and implement disciplinary procedures.
- Conduct audits to find holes in security platform and develop risk management assessments.
- Daily supervision of the contracted Security Company to ensure that it fulfills its contractual obligation to the Company.
- Routine liaison with the Operations Manager of the Security Company and holding of regular meetings with the contractor to control and regulate incoming and outgoing visitors and goods.
- Inspect and sign all gate registers being maintained by the security contractors i.e Visitors entry permit, Gate passes, Dispatches, Vehicles etc.
- Prepare regular reports on agreed format.
- Organize regular security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure on-going maintenance of security.
- Carry out such other jobs as may from time to time be assigned by Management.
- Risk Management
- Ability to eliminate or reduce theft in the association’s facility
- Communication (Written/Oral)
- Ability to convey information in clear, unambiguous terms to employees, management and other stakeholders to facilitate achievement of goals and objectives of the company at all times
- Ability to uphold and abide by the ethics of the profession
- Excellent working knowledge of required trainings and relationship management with security and government agencies
- Good leadership skills – Ability to influence others to do what is to be done.
- Proactive decision maker
- Self – starter – must be an energetic person with unusual initiatives; coupled with resilience.
- Sound ethics and integrity – must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character
- Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the security trade as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations in the association
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Strong team interaction and support skills
- At least Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Certificate or its equivalent in relevant field
- A minimum of Eight (8) years of high level experience in related sector i.e. gated estate community
- A retired Military Personnel of at least the rank of Lieutenant in the Nigerian Military or other Paramilitary service with considerable work experience would be preferred