Join PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Strategy (Advisory)
Reference Number: 125-NIG00231
Job type: Permanent
- The Manager is the centre of the team – structures project outputs, directs research, makes strong contribution to the development of the wider practice through thought-leadership, pitches, recruitment, training, coaching and being a role model to staff.
- Identify issues, draw out relevant industry trends, forms an opinion/point of view and articulates client/target strategy therefrom
- Allocate responsibilities to team members and suggest staffing changes, prioritize tasks so that the team has the capability, competence and time to perform the engagement/project in accordance with standards and agreed terms.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the team’s work products and addressing the needs of the client, PwC and other stakeholders.
- Coach subordinates taking development needs into consideration – able to articulate to team how their work contributes to meeting project objectives
- Challenge, sense-check and update team hypotheses and outputs for robustness and integrity
- Identify internal and project data requirements, oversee data gathering process, challenge team on completeness/appropriateness/accuracy of gathered data
- Perform analysis, construct business and financial models and document commentary from analysis and models
- Understand and engage different knowledge sources – online, staff, competitors, senior management of key target customers – extract key messages and implications from these sources
- Establish links with Industry Leaders and other Thought Leadership teams within and outside the PwC network to bring Thought Leadership to Nigerian clients and market and assist PwC Industry leaders in articulating and implementing industry plans
- Communicate with impact and confidence with team members and at meetings demonstrating grasp of all data and findings
- Contribute to the development of new methodologies or approaches to address client or PwC needs
- Set positive example by providing timely, meaningful verbal and written feedback.
- Contribute to Learning & Education design activity and/or instruct at training events.
- Business research and analysis, financial analysis, and strategy, report writing
- Strategy frameworks
- Corporate strategy development
- Market studies, feasibility studies and business planning
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other work tools
Deep knowledge of at least one of the following industry groups:
- Communication & Entertainment
- Energy and Power
- Financial Services
- Public Sector
- Retail & Manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to guide decision-making
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills. Self-managing/motivating with the ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen, analytical, and problem-solving skills – including data structuring, quantitative reasoning and implication development
- Managing teams across different business groups
- Problem solver – taking on new challenges and ways of working even outside areas of comfort
- Willing and able to travel
BSc. or BA.
- MBA and/or Professional qualifications: ICAN, ACCA, CFA charter holder
- 7 years or more of relevant work experience (at least 1 – 2 of these should be at Management Levels)