Librarian at the National Institute of Construction Technology and Management
The National Institute of Construction Technology and Management, Uromi, Edo State is a Federal Polytechnic with the functions of providing technology, training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business Studies, as well as other spheres of learning.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Uromi, Edo
- The Librarian is the head of the Library Department of the Institute. He is responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the Library. He is the custodian of the Institute’s materials (e.g. books) in the Library.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate for the post of Librarian are required to have Master’s Degree in Library Studies / Science (M.L.S) with 15 years cognate experience or a Bachelor of Library Studies / Science (B.L.S) with 18 years cognate experience or a good honours Degree plus professional Library qualification with 17 years qualification experience.
- Ph.D in Library Science and Information will be an added advantage.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a term of five (5) years only.
- The salary attached to the position is consolidated with other benefits as comparable to that in other similar Institutions of higher learning in the country.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 20 copies of their Applications / Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the order listed below:
- Full Names
- Post desired
- Date of Birth
- Two (2) Recent Passport Photographs
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not PO.Box or PM.B.)
- Current Postal Address (including GSM number and email address)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates where Applicable.
- Publications and books where necessary
- Working experience, general and specific experience with dates
- Details of administration experience and service to the community (with dates)
- Present employment status, salary and employer
- Extra curricula activities.
- Names and addresses of three referees (two of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward their confidential report the address provided below.
Applications are to be marked “Confidential for the attention of the Ag. Head, Registry” at the top left-hand corner of the envelop and sent to:
National Institute of Construction Technology and Management,
Uromi, Edo State.
Note: Late application will NOT be entertained. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.