Recruitment for Senior Well Engineer (HPHT) at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Well Engineer (HPHT)
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for the engineering of drilling solutions on a HPHT well by well basis to ensure HPHT well delivery is optimized for the well specifics.
- Provide daily support to drilling operations to ensure safe, efficient, and high-quality results
- Mentor young engineers (OPS Well engineers) in career growth and development
- Ability to contribute effectively in company HSSE programs & systems. Promote active use of the SHIC system and ensure strict compliance with HSSE-MS manual.
- Make valuable contribution during the review and approval of detailed Drilling and abandonment program in the asset. Follow-up to ensure drilling program and AFE cost approval is secured before rig move to well location. Ensure the closeout of Drilling End Of Well Report two weeks after well is completed.
- Conduct DWOP, WWOP & AAR meetings for all wells scheduled in the Technical Work Program and ensure that comments from these meetings are fed back into the future completion programs.
- Participate in the technical and commercial evaluations of all drilling equipment and associated services contracts with NPDC or NAPIMS to support the delivery of the technical work program.
- Identify immediate time and cost effective / efficient solutions to drilling challenges including down-hole equipment failure resulting in well integrity failure in the asset. Ability to anticipate potential problems and plan alternative strategies.
- Ensure that drilling contractor and service personnel deliver the highest quality performance and technical integrity of the wells during the execution phase
- Manage Drilling contracts by ensuring that the right set of tools are called-off from the appropriate contract without exceeding the ceiling value and the contract validity.
- Ability to monitor drilling engineering parameters to support drilling operations.
- Ensure the timely delivery of POs, WCCs and invoices required for well cost recovery with NPDC and NAPIMS during the execution of drilling service contracts.
- Responsible for AFE cost estimates and analysis for drilling operations. Monitor and control the actual drilling well cost on daily basis to ensure all well related cost are captured in line with the cost baseline and the progress of drilling activities.
- Evaluate the performance of Drilling Engineers based on their deliverables. Coach, develop and supervise young engineers to support their career progression.
- Promptly communicate operational issues and progress to stakeholders (NPDC, DPR, Pillar, NAPIMS) during well execution to secure their concurrence.
- Ability to assess the suitability of new and existing drilling and camp sites for drilling operations
- Ability to perform and lead regular technical and HSE audits and inspections as per the HSE plan, the audit plan and contractual requirements.
- Proven track record as a strong team player and ability to lead a team with a personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSE.
- A track record of delivery in an engineering leadership role.
- Detailed knowledge of drilling and completion design, engineering and planning is essential.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience in oil and gas Company
- Experience with drilling operations and workovers including at the rig site.
- A proven ability to coach, train and mentor staff.
- Educated to at least first degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of drilling contracts would be beneficial.
- IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.