APM Terminals Mobile Harbour Crane Operator
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Harbour Crane Operator
- Operates mobile cranes, quay cranes and vessel cranes to load and unload containers to and from vessels in the port.
- Inspects equipment at beginning of shift to ensure that all of the parts are operating properly.
- Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to quay crane equipment, before, during or after the shift.
- Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Carries out duties and tasks in an efficient, productive manner.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Acts as Foreman under Hook when not operating STS Cranes.
We are looking for:
- Minimum SSCE/WAEC requirement.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience of equipment operations terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry.
- Previous experience as a reach stacker operator, empty handler and RTG Operator would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
- Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices terminal operations.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Previous experience of working in a multi cultural environment is an advantage.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems; recognize key issues in problems and escalate to immediate supervisor.
- Age range of 25 to 35.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Excellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.