Apply Now at Rossland Screening Solutions
Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services, respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (Rice Mill)
Locations: Taraba and Abuja
- Monitor product standard
- Ensure safe operation of the rice mill
- Plan budget for the rice mill operation
- Manage stock control & reconciliation
- Coordinate and control rice milling processes
- Draw up production and maintenance schedules
- Ensure compliance with health & safety standards
- Ensure timely, quality and cost-effective production
- Ensure optimal use of machines for quality rice production
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in milling rice
- Identify training needs and develops training plans for the rice milling team
- Control all aspects for rice transfer, handling, milling, bulk storage and packing
- Review instructions covering grade and amount of rice to be milled, and plan operations accordingly.
- Observe milling process, examine rice, and issue instructions for adjustment of machinery to maintain quality and quantity of product
- Issue instructions for adjusting shelling-stones, rice hullers, rice-cleaning machine, rice grader, rice polishing equipment, reel, scalping machine and other milling machinery.
- Supervise coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating machines to grind, crush, mix, and blend materials to make batches of clay for pressing into clay products.
- Masters degree in Engineering, or Food Science.
- Minimum often (10) years experience in rice milling and other milling operations,
- Must be experienced with the use of husk fire boiler, dryers and parboiling tanks.
- Must be conversant with the whole process of rice milling operations, ranging from parboiling. steaming, polishing, grading, sorting, etc.
- Experienced with operating silos.
- In-depth knowledge of milling and packaging equipment and systems including, maintenance activities.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and sustain new processes and procedures.