Lead Engineer at a Solar Energy Company – Nicole Sinclair
Nicole Sinclair – Our client, a solar energy company that provides solar solutions to their client needs, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Engineer
- Successful candidate will manage all aspects of the assigned projects throughout its life cycle, to include design of schematic drawings,( for solar installations) installation monitoring and post-installation support.
- This individual must ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of solar projects across Nigeria.
- Work with the engineering team to conduct site investigations and assess the technical feasibility of developing a solar project.
- Design solar solutions for clients including a full bill of materials and solar wiring diagrams
- Manage installation contractor teams to ensure they are on-hand and install new systems to the standards.
- Train installation contractor teams in multiple locations to expand reach across Nigeria (e.g. find and/or train teams in Ibadan, Abuja, Port Harcourt etc)
- Create processes for adequately monitoring installations remotely and diagnosing issues before the customer notices them.
- Draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impacts.
- Manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractors’ work in all phases.
- Develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project’s success.
- Communicate with authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues.
Competency / Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering fields
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in Solar Solutions design and installation specifically
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented.
- Solar Engineering skills required and a core understanding of electrical engineering
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary for long periods of time.
- Extremely organised – be able to manage multiple contractors and installations at once
- Articulate and a clear communicator
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability.
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details and accuracy.
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online