Cost Control Engineer at Saipem Contracting Nigerian Limited (SCNL)
Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Cost Control Engineer
Job Ref: 401004
- Implementation of the cost control system, elaborating consolidated cost breakdown structure.
- Issues project cost control procedure, cost coding manual and risk management plan.
- Structuring commercial budget according to intercompany scheme, contract and work schedule.
- Coordinate risk management activities and lead in brainstorming and qualitative I quantitative assessment of identified risks and opportunities
- Ensure cost control system effectiveness and cost status is assessed and reported.
- Monitor progress of activities and earned value.
- Provide support during contract changes/claims process, providing cost impact analysis, and keeping cost/revenues forecast updated
- Analyse costs and activities to-date, review estimate to complete, isolating any deviation from baselines; providing advisory and supports Project manager.
- Maintain risk management process, organizing periodic meetings and verifying risk owners.
- Supports Project Control Manager in preparing Project close out report and cost feed-back data to Project Control and Commercial Departments.
Job Requirements and Minimum Required Experience
- A Higher Diploma / Degree or its equivalent in Science /Engineering is required.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in Project Control and Cost management
- Knowledge of international and national accounting standards and principles
- Knowledge of Contract Management and Commercial Processes (contract evaluation, negotiation and proposal)
- Knowledge of WBS CBS implementation process.
- Knowledge of cost control, planning and document control tools, structure and management Knowledge of SAP