Welding Engineer Wanted at Saipem Contracting Nigerian Limited (SCNL)
Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welding Engineer
Job Ref: 426202
- Prepare and issue preliminary welding documents for project
- Review client’s specifications and scopes of work, examine pipe metallurgy and prepare detailed welding procedures
- Coordinate and schedule personnel and systems for qualification of welding procedures and welders.
- Ensure welding traceability information are recorded, maintained and made available in the required format for welding activities.
- Prepare and issue welding documents (Welding Books, WPSs, WPQR, PTW report, Procedures, etc.)
- Monitor Welding Quality through the analysis of the trends of project defect rates and Welders defect rates; proposing corrective and improvement processes.
- Supports welding coordinator and/or project teams on all welding matters
- Evaluate and estimate type and quantity of welding consumables.
- Maintain updated departmental project welding files and database
Job Requirements and Minimum Required Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical / Metallurgy / Chemical Engineering is required.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in welding engineering and quality management.
- Knowledge of the principles of corrosion and corrosion control methodologies
- Knowledge of main applicable Industry materials selection and corrosion control international standards and codes (such as NACE, API, ISO, NORSOK, DNVGL, etc.)
- Knowledge of Standards, Regulation and Codes for Engineering Criticality Assessment (ECA) and Fitness for Service (FFS).
- Knowledge of the Fatigue Analysis principles and testing methods.
- Knowledge of mechanical properties of metals and standard testing
- Knowledge of the principles of metallurgy and materials science.
- Detailed knowledge of NDT Engineering (Specific knowledge of advanced technologies (PA-UT, TOFD, TFM/FMC, Digital RT, etc.)
- Knowledge and interpretation of international codes, client’s specification and acceptance criteria