Safety Advisor Assistant at the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO)
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Advisor Assistant
- The Safety Advisor Assistant will support the Safety Advisor (SA) by assisting in the collection and verification of safety information in the North-Eastern region of Nigeria, as well as assisting the SA in the preparation of relevant safety reports and incident lists.
We are actually seeking for a Safety Advisor Assistant to support the Safety Advisor in North Eastern Nigeria in the following areas:
- Collection and verification of safety information
- Delivery of other INSO Scheduled Services
- Delivery of other INSO Request Service
- Bachelor’s in either, Journalism, Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent diploma
- At least 3 years of Police, Military, and/or NGO safety work experience or as a data entry analyst
- Excellent English writing skills as well as a fluent conversational level of at least one of the following languages: Hausa, Kanuri or other local languages relevant to North Eastern Nigeria.
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to safety
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key safety interlocutors in the North-Eastern Region
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs
- Nigerian nationality
Key Personal Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Strong skills in data management
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Files to: email@example.com writing in the subject of the mail: “INSO LCB Director Assistant – Abuja” Or INSO SA Assistant – Maiduguri” depending on the role being applied for.
In order to be considered the application must contain the three (3) following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum for LCB Director Assistant and 2 pages Maximum for Safety Advisor Assistant)
- Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.