Recruitment for Project Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- To assist the Project Manager/Head of Project to manage the implementation of project management for the assigned projects starting from project sanction until hand over to Field Operations.
- To follow up each stage of the project in the collaboration with the relevant parties and ensure respect of the project requirements, budget and milestone. This shall include to supervise closely CONTRACTOR activities and propose the mitigation actions for any nonconformity or slippage (technical, budget, and schedule).
- Overall management of assigned projects (e.g. management of Contractors project activities: Engineering, Documentation, Procurement, Workshop preparatory and prefabrication activities, JRA / Pre-mobilization inspection / Mobilization, Site work activities, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities, Demobilization activities, As-built documentation and close out.
- Coordination of site survey visits (Pre-bid site survey (with bidders) and Detailed Engineering site survey for the
- selected contractor) to offshore platforms for review of project scopes and measurements
- Preparation of Work Orders, Preparation of Purchase Requisition forms (PR), etc. on SAP software.
- Preparation of presentation slides (SCC slides, CPCC, CPVC & forms) to be presented to COMPANY managements.
- Preparation of Technical assessment documents and review of bidders’ submissions after submission of technical bids.
- Project review and evaluation of contractors’ commercial bids with Contract Dept. DUET.
- Preparation of documents (e.g. Scope of Work (Annex A), Schedule of Prices (Annex B), MTO List, Detailed level 4 planning, List of equipment, List of personnel, etc.) for provision of accurate / reliable PROJECT COMPANY ESTIMATE by Project Control Department for allocation of budgets.
- Preparation of documents for Budget defence with NAPIMS (e.g. Work programs, etc.)
- Co-ordinates Project KICK-OFF Meetings and Project Progress Meetings for new and ongoing projects.
- Review of projects documents (e.g. drawings (isometric and P&IDs), procedures, etc) in PRODOM as per company’s Standards and Specification.
- Gross review of materials description in SAP for provision of COMPANY Issued materials that will be suitable for project specifications.
- Prepares Project Progress Monitoring Sheets (PPMS) and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) for monitoring projects progress.
- To follow up the preparation of any site work and manage the execution.
- To manage the interfaces with the relevant parties including with the external parties (NAPIMS, DPR, etc.) in collaboration with PAR Department.
- Ensure the respect of approval requirements for each stage of the project with the partners/regulators in collaboration with PAR Department.
- To promote cost reduction solutions for all line of activities.
- To provide all relevant information required for project reporting.
- To prepare and expedite the required report of the project including for the purpose of the interfaces. This shall include provision of all relevant information required for project reporting.
- To be responsible for the issuance of project close out report and return of experience for project archive.
- To carry out any other duties/projects that may be assigned to him/her by the hierarchy
- Bachelor’s in Engineering with a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in Oil and Gas production. Familiar with piping / structural design / welding / NDT and related codes and standards.
- Project Management Experience with at least 6 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas Production Facilities upgrade maintenance, particularly in EPCI projects.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power-point, MS Project) and other engineering-based software as required.