Job Opening for noLinkage Coordinator (Adhoc Staff) at Damien Foundation (DFB)
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States.
As Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH / GMU and IHVN TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for qualified persons to fill up the position below for the TB grant in the respective 20 LGAs in Lagos State:
Job Title: Linkage Coordinator: Adhoc Staff
Contract period: 1 year
Duties and Responsibilities
- Relate with the PMVs and CPs in their domain.
- Conduct Community health promotion and education towards demand creation.
- Escort presumptive identify by PMVs and CPs to DOT for sample collection or (where applicable with IC Knowledge) Collect samples from identified client of the PMVs and CPs
- Transfer specimen to lab for tests
- Link positive cases to treatment at the nearest DOT centres
- Provide treatment supporting services to identified cases.
- Assist in defaulter tracking of TB patients.
- Support active contact tracing for diagnosed TB patient- (using SOP on contact tracing)
- Collate the PMVs and CPs data on monthly basis and prepare their payment voucher.
- Report weekly and monthly using the summary form to the DOTs officer, TBLS and DFB
- Perform other roles as can be assigned by the CTS with directive from DFB.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of an OND in any field (Basic Sciences or Medical related discipline are added advantage)
- Past experience in Public health programme will be an advantage.
- Age: Not more than 40 years
- Coverage Area: 4 LGAs in Lagos State (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ifako-Ijaye).