System and Network Engineer Wanted at Comercio Cloud Computing Limited
Comercio Cloud Computing Limited is Nigeria’s’ leading enterprise local cloud service provider. We are the first choice of cloud solutions and managed data services for local and Global businesses with great ambitions.
Our infrastructure is in a Tier III constructed facility certified data centre offering carrier neutral colocation services. It is the most connected in Africa with all major carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country and direct connection to all undersea cables serving the South Atlantic Coast of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System and Network Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manages and support infrastructure servers: Active Directory, WINS, DNS,
- Ensures that the company’s IT strategies and policies are being implemented
- Provides regular feedback on network performance, both in general and against specific service levels
- Proactively monitor application and /or system software and /or hardware operations and take corrective action to prevent outages or failures Supports network/communications related incidents assigned by the help desk/user support officers
- Good knowledge of Cloud Technologies.
- Expert level understanding of Cisco and Huawei switches and routers, Network Caching appliances, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, IP sub-netting, VLAN, VTP, VSI, VPN, VRF, VRRP, ISIS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Expert level troubleshooting for malfunctions of network hardware, links, routing, customer related issues to maintain operational availability of core network and customers.
- Prepares reports for Head Technical or Team lead as required
- Ensures adherence to defined IT policies
- Liaises with the outsourcing service provider/vendors to ensure that outsourced functions are carried out according to pre-agreed service level agreements
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc, B.Eng in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or other related discipline.
Min Required Experience:
- 5-7 years post qualification experience
Relevant certifications and skills include:
- Windows-based Operating Systems, like Windows 2016/2012/2008 , Linux Scripting , Enterprise Storage Systems (ISCSI, SAN, NFS) VMware Virtualization Technologies (ESXi, vSphere, NSX Edge), Cisco Router and Switching (TCP/IP,VLAN, OSPF, BGP, SD-WAN), MPLS, VPN (IPsec, Point to Point etc), Backup Application, Fortinet Firewall, PFsense Firewall are all mandatory.