Work at Iron Products Industries Limited
Iron Products Industries Limited (IPI) has been active for more than 50 years in Nigeria. The company started as a steelwork manufacturer and has since become the leader in steel fabrication. The group has executed major projects around the country in all sectors with a focus on structural steel and oil and gas. Over the years, IPI has also diversified into automotive assembly, trailer manufacturing, paint manufacturing and logistics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, HSE
- Maintain a dynamic and driven approach to promoting and supporting HSE across the organization.
- Be an ambassador for HSE and promote “out of the box” thinking which enables solutions to problems to be identified and implemented effectively throughout the group.
- Manage and coordinate a team of safety officers to ensure they proactively support the factory heads in driving safety practices.
- Responsible for personal development and coaching of safety officers, Trainees and Assistants. Ensure there are structured development plans in place.
- Identify development opportunities to promote safer and more efficient ways of working.
- Support the factories to develop their own safety officer action plans and strategies for development and improvement.
- Provide appropriate safety and health initiatives, accident prevention programs, and investigation of incidents.
- Put in place HSE action plan and implement it.
- Update HSE policies, procedures and manuals.
- Acts as a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management.
- Reviews and oversees all work processes and conditions to ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) protective measures are optimized.
- Develops, recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of HSE programme.
- Leverage on senior level expertise across the group to provide cost-effective technical guidance and strengthen technical competency.
- Oversight of organizations HSE expenses and budget.
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly HSE performance.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive operations team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- MBA, M.Sc. or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years HSE experience of which 3 years must be at a senior management level.
- Experience in manufacturing firm is a must, experience in an iron or steel manufacturing firm is an added advantage.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- NEBOSH/OSHA certificate etc.
- Knowledge in corporate HSE management, operations, safety audits, management information systems.
- Budget planning & preparation.
- Project management expertise and strategic planning & development
- Ability to deliver results.
- Have professional confidence.
- Must be a strategic thinker.