Apply Now at Workforce Group
Workforce Group – Our client, a joint Venture Automobile company set up to construct and operate an automobile assembly plant in Nigeria is seeking to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Supply & Logistics
Reports To: Chief Technical Officer
- The deal candidate will be responsible and accountable for the scheduling and forecasting the right volumes of materials, good and products inbound to the business from its supply chain companies. Managing inventory control, warehouse, distribution and replenishment plans.
Scope of Responsibility
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for covering every stage of the physical distribution process, from raw materials, component parts of semi knocked down and fully built up cars being ordered and delivered to the factory, materials handling and storage, stock control, sales forecasting from which the forecasts of individual components parts, transport and storage requirements from the sales forecast.
Strategy and Development:
- Overall responsibility for all supply and logistics (S&L) activities across the business.
General and Task Management:
- Oversee and manage inventory integrity and review ways to reduce inventory levels.
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained, enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles.
Financial Budget and Control:
- Input and hold responsibility for S&L budgets.
- Oversee and optimize costs in relation to shipping arrangements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work collaboratively to ensure S&L objectives are being met.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree with appropriate qualification in logistics, supply chain management, transport management or a relevant commercial or engineering discipline.
- Must be registered with relevant professional bodies.
- At least 5 years experience of leading sourcing and logistics within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and of supply chain management.