Job Vacancy at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Engineer
- We are looking for a strong mobile engineer to help us build our application for our clients.
- As our ideal Mobile Engineer, you will be comfortable stepping into a fast-paced environment with agile sprints, peer reviews, and in-house design and QA teams supporting the projects.
- You will work as a contributor on a tightly knit team focused on developing highly functional software solutions for our users.
- As a Mobile Engineer, you will work with designers, developers, and product managers to build innovative applications addressing real-world problems.
- We’re looking for a Mobile Engineer that enjoys the challenge of solving hard problems on small devices with relatively low computing power.
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Developing mobile applications for iPhone and/or Android [as well as server-side APIs].
- Writing coherent, organized code. The ideal candidates must be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- Working with Product Management to help define functional specifications for mobile Applications.
- Implementing multi-device application features as part of an interactive Agile development process.
- Researching, adopting and integrating new technologies.
- Innovating and improving existing products and mobile app features.
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance in developing a test plan to ensure successful deployment of updates
- Collaborating with our designers to build beautiful mobile UI components.
- Working with our backend engineers to push/pull data between our mobile app and servers.
- Helping architect our mobile apps on both Android and iOS using React Native.
- Helping to implement mobile testing framework.
Required Experience & Qualification
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- 2+ years of Android or iOS development.
- Successfully developed and deployed at least 1 native iOS or Android application that showcases a rich, interactive user interface and utilizes client-server communication.
- Comfortable with Xcode and completing projects in Objective-C without Interface Builder.
- Comfortable with Android Studio, Java, and the Android SDK.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms and screen sizes.
- Experience in any one or more of the following areas is a plus, but not required:
- Android automation using Espresso or equivalent.
Skills and competencies:
- Desire to grow professionally with a small, focused team in a fast-moving company.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.
- Fantastic team player, communicator, and facilitator.
- Good communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks.
Application Closing Date
3pm, Tuesday; 11th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date and time will be automatically rejected.