Recent Employment Opportunity at the African Philanthropy Forum (APF)
The African Philanthropy Forum (APF) is a strong and vibrant community of partners who, through their strategic giving, investments and influence, foster shared prosperity on the African continent. Through its resources and high impact convenings across the Continent and beyond, APF raises awareness about the important role that strategic philanthropy can play in society. It is committed to creating an enabling environment to transform the culture of giving on the Continent to the extent that it exceeds development aid by 2030. To date, it has reached approximately 1,800 stakeholders in twelve African countries including Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are currently seeking to engage a dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Communications and Partnerships
- We are currently seeking to engage a dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Head, Communications & Partnerships to manage strategic relationships and APF’s brand identity as the premiere network of philanthropists driving homegrown development on the continent.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an integrated, strategic communications plan [media relations, social media, events, communication collateral annually
- Lead the generation of engaging content for APF’s social media and online platforms
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic publications including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual reports and website
- Develop and implement a global partnership strategy aligned with and contributing to overall APF strategic objectives
- Build and nurture external relationships with stakeholders
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to grow APF membership base and strengthen membership engagement
- Develop, coordinate and organize high impact events and conferences that engage the APF network
- Develop budgets and operating plans for events
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the APF network
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization in the absence of the Executive Director
- Support the Executive Director in developing and overseeing long term strategies
- Oversee any other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the organization
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- A Master’s Degree or relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Significant professional knowledge and experience in development sector
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in communication and information management, marketing and/or PR, with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Prior experience in the area of philanthropy will be an advantage
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of media analysis & monitoring tools
- Proven ability to skilfully develop and manage relationships with a diverse audience
- Proven ability to manage a variety of key initiatives across locations concurrently
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with the media (print, broadcast, social and digital)
- Ability to speak French will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV along with three reference and a Cover Note to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Head, Communications and Partnerships” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.