WTS Energy Recruitment for Cost Control Engineer
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Control Engineer
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major complex projects
- Establish and implement the project controls process and system
- Develop the cost management procedures
- Roll-out of the Company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project’s life cycle development & execution phase
- Develop and Implement Project Cost Management Plan
- Implementation of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate in line with the Work Breakdown Structure WBS
- Provide project management support in the development of cost breakdown structures, estimates, records and forecasts for the timely submission into the investment documentation, the annual corporate planning cycle, or partner cash calling submissions. Provide Management with accurate monthly cost reports
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs)
- Develop and implement Value of Work Done (VOWD) as well as Earned Value Management process consistently across projects/sub projects
- Participate in peer reviews and other Assurance events
- Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering practices, tools and techniques. Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes
- Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
- Engineering Degree and / or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years industry experience in Lead cost engineering positions
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills. Fully versed with Cost Control principles and techniques as well as Cost Control Soft wares such as SAP, Prediction +, Prolog etc.