Apply at Ericsson Nigeria
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: 2nd Level Operations Specialist
Req ID: 335449
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Network Operation and Integration
- We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations.
- This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
You will help with Assurance support activities:
- System administration of SGSN, MME, GGSN, EPG-S 2012A, EPG-S 2014B, DNS Servers (Internet, Internal and External), Radius Server, SAPC and MSP.
- Troubleshoot Network Performance using ENIQ Events and Cause Code Analysis.
- Data Product deployment on Packet Core Nodes- configuration and validate implementation.
- Configuration Audit and management on all Packet Core Equipment.
- DPI configuration, deployment and management
- Analyze Customers problems using ENIQ Events PS and ENIQ stats.
- Daily routine health checks on Packet Core Nodes.
- Troubleshoot KPI degradation across SGSNs/MMEs using Events Based Monitoring (EBM) analysis, Mobility log, Session logs.
- Shell/Bash/Python Scripting- Developed scripts to automate processes and create report used to monitor Node stats and KPIs on packet core nodes.
- Develop/Deployment open source tools for KPIs trending and monitoring. eg GRAFANA, CENTREON and ZABBIX
- Preparing signaling traces of GPRS interfaces (Gb//Gn//Gi/Gx/Gom) for troubleshooting and analysis.
- Preparing various packet core reports as required for presentation to the customer.
- Open Customer Service Request (CSR) and assist Support in CSR troubleshooting
- Provide Support to Ericsson Emergency team in troubleshooting/recovering a major failure on the Network
- Preparing Monthly capacity review of all Packet Core Nodes
- Provide support to Ericsson Project team during PCN Node updates and upgrades
- Optimization of Packet Core Nodes to meet Customer’s KPI targets.
- Maintain good relationship with customer
- Attend meetings with customer to deliberate on key pressing issues and proffer solution
- Provide prompt feedback to customer on their enquiries
- Proper management of customers
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys.
- Manage Quality Standards and Operational Efficiency
- Capture and Analyze Customer Feedback
- Responsible for managing the Packet core Back office Engineers in terms of their daily functions/responsibility
- Assigning of task to the Packet core Back office Engineers
- Primary management of the Back-office Engineers Standby schedule/call out
- Secondary management of the Packet core front office Engineers
- Ensure KPIs are within target on all Packet Core Nodes in the network
- Logging, categorization and prioritization of Incident to determine the right course of action, including who should handle the resolution, the extent of communication, and the speed of response.
- Escalation functions across higher-level specialist teams, vendors with better capabilities to address the incident, and higher manager levels that can make the necessary decisions about communicating to shareholders and regulators and approving emergency changes or necessary resource allocation.
- Resolution of Incident through self-service, handled by the service desk or support teams, or invoke disaster recovery measures
- Closure involves talking with management to confirm they are satisfied that normal service has resumed.
- The management of change and development within a business or similar organization
- The controlled identification and implementation of required changes within the network
- Problem identification, including logging, categorization, and prioritization
- Problem control, such as analyzing and documenting workarounds and known errors
- Error control, including fixing errors through change control and assessing effectiveness of workarounds
- Bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or
- 5-7 years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- Knowledge of Managed Service telecom operations practice
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
- Ericsson knowledge
- English skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Working with people
- Creating & innovating
- Applying expertise & technology
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online