CCCM Technician Officer at ACTED
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CCCM Technician Officer
About the job
- This position falls under the direct management of ACTED’s Deputy Camp Manager
- ACTED’s CCCM Technician Officer will play an integral part of the camp management team of Borno State ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life.
- This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Implement CCCM activities as requested by the CCCM Team Leader and CCCM PM such as but not limited to:
- Full management of technical projects occurring within ACTED operated reception centers and IDP camps.
- Creation of reception center infrastructure including but not limited to latrines, water basins, communal shelter units, reception shelter, perimeter fence, etc
- Full management of camps Site Maintenance Committee including advertising TOR, hiring committee based on balancing skills with vulnerabilities, training committee in objective of the team, procure items for maintenance work, supervise maintenance work, facilitate CFW payment
- Create BoQ and item procurement for technical work
- Coordinate with Deputy camp manager and PM on infrastructure maintenance ideas and costs
- Create blueprints for infrastructure construction
- Train casual labour in creating camp infrastructure
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability.Moreover, we also expect the following:
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning or Engineering
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Technical skills such as using AutoCAD, ArcGIS, ODK and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience working in an IDP camp setting
- Experience in creating shelters/small-medium scale infrastructure
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigeria displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Capacity-building of staff.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Contract length: 6 Months
- Level: D2-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager,
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org