Program Manager II Needed at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager II
Job Ref Code: PMS31120
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports To: Chief of Party STaR
- As Program Manager, you will provide overall leadership to the STaR Nigeria project team and be responsible for the overall management of the project including the quality of programmatic implementation (including monitoring, evaluation and learning) and administrative elements of the project to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- You are responsible for ensuring that project results are achieved on time and on budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability, and that the budget is consumed as planned.
- As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Agriculture, Health, Development Studies or related field
- At least 8 years of working experience in agriculture, development or food security programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – agriculture, health, livelihoods, nutrition, or governance/peacebuilding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication, training and facilitation skills. Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri language is an added advantage as well as experience with northern Nigerian context.
- Proven experience in analyzing gender and applying gender-responsive methods to project implementation.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of KFW (or German Government) grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
- Requited Travel: To Filed locations in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
5:00pm; 14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the Position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application application ((e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.