Consultant, Organisational Technical Assistance at the Enugu State Water Corporation
The Enugu State Water Corporation hereby invites applicants to show their interest in delivering the Services below:
Job Title: Consultant, Organisational Technical Assistance
- The Enugu State Government has received a financing from Agence Francaise de Dévelopement (“AFD”), and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the project: Organizational Technical Assistance (OTA) to be based in Enugu State Water, No.3 Constitution Road, GRA, Enugu.
The Services of the consultant shall consist of assistance to include support about the development and implementation of the tasks below, but not limited to:
- Revenue Improvement
- Non-Revenue Water Reduction
- Operation and Maintenance Improvement
- Financial Management & Cost Control
- Overall Change Plan Development
- Human Resources Reform Project
- Cultural Mindset Change Project
- Structural Institutional Reform Project
- Capacity Building Program
- Operational Process Improvement Project.
- The indicative Implementation period shall be two (2) years
- The firm / joint venture shall present maximum of 15 completed or ongoing relevant similar assignments performed during the last 10 years only. There shall be at least 3 assignments for which the value of the consultancy services, performed by the firm or a member of the JV, must be more then 0.8 million US dollars.
- For each similar assignment presented, the consultant shall provide a letter from the Client with the name and contract address of the client (office & e-mail address, and telephone number), date(s) of execution, name(s) of lead and associate firms, contract amount and financing sources.
This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to:
- Consulting firms
- Individual consultants
- Joint Venture between NGO(s) and Consulting firms
Eligibility / Requirements
- Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries’, available online on AFD’s website: http://www.afd.fr
Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- The contracts size;
- The nature of the Services: Organisational Technical Assistance in reforming the urban water sector, provide basic water services in the state capital and achieve financial viability;
- The technical area and expertise:: Financial and Economic Analysis of Water Utilities, Institutional and organizational studies;
- The location: Experience of working in similar geographical regions;
The Client will also take into account for the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- Skills and availability of in-house technical back-up experts provided to the on-site experts;
- Quality assurance procedures and certifications of the Applicant: ISO 9001 or environmental and social certification.
Due to the security risk in the areas where the Services are to be performed, the evaluation of Expressions of Interest will verify that the applications meet the following criteria:
- The Applicant has at least one experience providing services in an area with a similar security risk, for which it shall provide proof of Implementation of security measures (invoice or contract with a security service provider, proof of security awareness training before departure on-site, etc.).
- The Applicant has set up internal security management procedures: it shall provide a description of its monitoring system and crisis management system.
- For services provided abroad, the Applicant has entered into an assistance and repatriation contract for its employees: it shall provide the certificate evidencing such contract. The Applicant shall describe its standard preparation process for departure on assignment in sensitive areas, and shall attach documents proving its implementation (service orders with related instructions, certificates of awareness-raising or training actions, etc.).
- For a JV, its leader and any member that has its registered office outside the Client’s country shall fulfill each of these criteria.
- An application that does not meet any of these requirements will be rejected.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates / firms should submit their Expressions of Interest (EOI) / Applications to the address below:
The Project Coordinator,
State Project Implementation Unit,
Enugu State Water Corporation,
Headquarters Building [SPIU],
No.3 Constitution Road, GRA, Enugu,
Enugu State, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348033265195, +2348037112076
E-mail: [email protected], eze.chidozie2gmail.com, [email protected]
Application Instruction / Important Notice
- The Applicant shall submit only one application, either in its own name or as a member of a Joint Venture (JV). If an Applicant (including any JV member) submits or participates in more than one application, those applications shall be all rejected. However, the same Subconsultant may participate in several applications. If the Applicant is a JV, the expression of interest shall include: a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members, or a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement, signed by all members together with a copy of the Agreement proposal, In the absence of this document, the other members will be considered as Sub consultants.
- Experiences and qualifications of Sub consultants are not taken into account in the evaluation of the applications.
- Interested Applicants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those Services. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours [9.00 am – 4.00 pm, Mondays-Fridays]
- Among the submitted applications, the Enugu State Water Corporation will shortlist a maximum of six (6) Applicants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent. The Client is not bound to shortlist any Applicant.
- Note: Please, contact Enugu State Water Corporation for a Statement of Integrity, Eligibility and Social and Environmental Responsibility. You can find the document on AFD website (https://www.afd.fr/en/responding-bid-invitation). A signed true copy of the document must be attached to the application.